What is it and can you benefit from treatment?
We all know that we share traits with our parents and grandparents like hair color or height, or even a talent for music or sports. But have you ever wondered if the life experiences of your ancestors have impacted your own psychology? While it might sound like a stretch, it’s possible — especially when it comes to trauma.
In most hypnotherapy sessions it’s not only the client that I am working with but also their parents and grandparents – and sometimes great-grandparents. This is true especially if there is family trauma that has been passed down through generations. Such things as genocide, slavery, sexual issues, and any kind of trauma.
How Does This Happen?
There are a few ways that generational trauma is carried down through families:
- First is through genetics. If you haven’t heard this before, it might take a moment to wrap your brain around this. You existed before your mother was born. When your mom was inside her mother’s womb, she took on whatever trauma her mother was going through. Now, all the eggs that your mother would ever have already existed inside her tiny fetus body. Because of the very close connection between mother and child through the umbilical cord, the fetus – and thus her eggs – are also affected by mom’s trauma. Take that back generations and this genetic DNA trauma is passed down from mother to child.
- Messages we receive from the time of our birth are stored in our body. We may wonder why we have a fear of something. That fear might come down to messages your mother inadvertently or intentional gave to you.
- Then there are the things that you were told are part of your family lineage. Things such as: “All the women in our family get breast cancer”; “all the men get prostate cancer”; “everyone in our family deals with weight issues“; “seems like our entire family has trouble with math”; or any of the numerous things that “run in families” that make it seem like you are also destined for.
Wisdom from the Tree of Life Can Help!
What Can Be Done About This?
Quite a lot, actually!! More than just genetics, epigenetics says that your environment affects your genes and is far more accurate when it comes to dertermining your health. And…your beliefs ARE your environment. Along with your relationships, the food you eat, the air you breathe, the way you handle stress, and many other internal and external factors are what trigger how your genes get expressed.
Hypnosis is a mind-body therapy that taps into your inner wisdom to enhance the mind’s interactions with bodily function.
I am offering a 2-session hypnosis package that will clear up:
- Mental, Emotional, and Physical issues that seem to run in your family, including anxiety
- Old beliefs…so you can create new, healthy ones
- Enmeshed family connections, from you to your parents and vice versa
- Enmeshed generational connections and patterns
By releasing all of this, you will be able to live your life more fully, no longer feeling pulled by messages and connections that no longer serve you.
During our sessions you will be introduced to:
- Your Library where all old this useless knowledge is stored and,
- Your Curator or Guide who will assist you in cleaning out what you no longer need
Curious about how generational trauma might be affecting your life? Then, please schedule your Free 30-Minute Discovery Session. I look forward to joining you on this journey!
Click HERE to schedule now!